PMAD Training for Providers
With 1 in 5 perinatal women and birthing people experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs) and 80% of all PMAD cases going undiagnosed and untreated, it’s critical for providers in every discipline to recognize the signs and symptoms. The Motherhood Center has created a comprehensive PMAD training specifically for providers that can be tailored for your particular practice setting.
Our hope is that attendees will walk away with the ability to better recognize a new or expecting mother that may be struggling with a PMAD and how to connect her to appropriate care.
This free, one-hour virtual training offers a comprehensive introduction to maternal mental health and includes the following topics:
- What are perinatal mood and anxiety disorders?
- The prevalence of PMADs
- PMAD risk factors
- Risks associated with untreated PMADs for mother and baby
- PMAD signs, symptoms, and diagnosis
- PMAD screening, treatment, and education best practices
- Local and national PMAD resources and referrals